Custom Website Development Process
Web Design Costs are dependent on how many hours is spent working on a design and how many times the client asks for changes to it!
- Expertise Level – Anyone
- Approximate Time – 2 weeks minimum
- Prerequisites (access credentials of cPanel needed before work starts, project details, if any reference website, etc.)
Task 1: Setup Sub-domain for hosting (for client demo website): (1 hour)
- Choose domain name
- Setup Cpanel in WHM/ create sub-domain in Cpanel
Task 2: Install WordPress (1 hour)
- Install the latest version of wordpress using Softaculous or upload wordpress through FTP transfer
- Create database credentials and configure with wordpress.
Task 3: WordPress Theme Installation & Configuration (2 hours)
Part 1– To Install Your Premium WordPress Theme-
- Assign customer a task to choose a theme
- Upload the ZIP file containing your theme to the /WP-content/themes directory. For more information, see FTP: How to upload files.
- Unarchive the ZIP file you just uploaded. For more information, see Unarchive files and directories.
Part 2- To Activate Your Premium WordPress Theme
- Log in to your WordPress control panel (http://coolexample.com/wp-admin, where coolexample.com is your domain name).
- From the Appearance menu, select Themes.
- In the Available Themes sections, under your Premium WordPress Theme, click Activate.
- Your new theme displays as soon as you visit your site.
Task 4: Master-Pack Installation (3 hours)
- Search for related wordpress plugins
- Find the appropriate plugin
- Install the plugin
Part 1- Install a Plugin using WordPress Admin Panel Search Option
- Go to your WordPress Admin Panel and click on Plugins » Add New
- Type in the plugin name or function
- Then you will see a bunch of listing
- You will pick the plugin that is best for you
- Click the Install link. A popup would appear on screen, asking if you are sure you really want to install the plugin
- Click on the OK button and WordPress will download install the plugin for you.
- Click on Activate the plugin, now you have installed the WordPress plugin. You would have to configure the settings to fit your needs.
- These settings will vary for each plugin
Part 2- Install a Plugin using Upload Method in WordPress Admin Panel
- Go to your WordPress admin panel. Click on Plugin » Add New. Then click on the Upload Tab.
- Browse the file and upload it (zip files only). You will be taken to the activate a plugin page
- Click on Activate the plugin, now you have installed the WordPress plugin. You would have to configure the settings to fit your needs. These settings will vary for each plugin.
Task 5: Plugin Configuration according to Requirement (1 hour)
- Go to plugin settings on WP dashboard
- Setup the plugin based on requirements
- Submit the details as required. For example– In WooCommerce you have to give all your details for setting up the plugin to work.
- Check with WP developer team
Task 6: Browser Compatibility Check (1 hour)
- In each browser, the structure of the website should not affect
- The website should appear properly in all browser
- Do responsive testing
Task 7: Add Content to Pages: Get it from Content Writer (1 hour)
- Click on Page > Add New or Editing Click on Page > All Pages
- Add in your new content, including a Title
- Align the content according to theme structure either:
i. Click ‘Save Draft’ if you would like to come back later to work on the page more
ii. If you are ready to publish the post, click ‘Publish’ if you’re ready for it to be posted to your website immediately
iii. If you are ready to publish the page, but want it to go ‘live’ later, click ‘Edit’ next to ‘Publish immediately’ and choose when you would like the page to go live.
Task 8: Add the Images and Logo: Get it from Graphic Designer (1 hour)
- Compress JPG & PNG Images using tiny PNG plugin or alternate plugin
- Alter the image name according to the web-page information, if it is not according to the plugin.
- Give title caption and alternate tag name for the image.
- Add image to respective pages to be visible on live.
Task 9: Add Social Media Links: Get it from Social Media Manager (30 minutes)
- Add social media icons to the website by using social media plugin
- Link the social media icons to the corresponding social media page URLs.
- Test whether the Social media links are working properly or not.
Task 10: Update Front Page: Involve Content Writer & Graphic Designer (4 hours)
- Update contents on the front page according to the structure of the theme.
- Update image, banner/sliders, etc., on front page according to the required size and theme structure, color etc.
- Add footer links to link to required pages and services.
Task 11: Update Inner Page: Involve Content Writer & Graphic Designer (1 hour/page)
- Update contents on Inner pages according to the structure of the theme.
- Update image on inner pages according to the required size and theme structure, color.
- Add footer links to link to required pages and services.
Task 12: Client Approval – Website Demo (1 hour)
- Get client approval before publishing (get requirements for changes to done).
- Do necessary changes on site after reviewing with the client.
- Finalize the website and host it live
Task 13: Final Demo- Get approval from the client with the final site demo. (1 hour)
Task 14: Performance of the Website (1 hour)
- Check the overall speed of the website
- Check the average load time per page.
- SEO Improvement Suggestions.
Task 15: Performance Optimization (2 hours)
- Reduce the image size
- Remove duplicate links and many other suggestions from the website testing.
- Link Functionality
- Redirect from one page to another page
- Use same website links.
Task 16: Final Cross-Browser Checking (1 hour)
- Testing the compatibility of the website with different browsers like-IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, iPhone, Blackberry, as well as the mobile view of the website on different mobiles and tablets.
Task 17: Domain Registration (4 hours)
- Register the Domain, Domain Mapping, Subdomain Creation, C NAME Record Creation, DNS settings, DKIM & SPF configuration, and Server Backup!
Task 18: WordPress Configuration (1 hour)
- Install WordPress for the website on the server. Create a Database for WordPress
Task 19: Set SSL Certificate (1 hour)
- Buy SSL certificates for the domain and set it up
Task 20: Site Transfer or Migration of Website (3 hours)
- Log in to your existing site’s admin (WP admin).
- Select Plugins > Add New from the left side menu.
- Search for “All in one WP Migration” in the top right-hand search field
- Click “Install Now” & “Activate” to turn it on
- Find the menu for “All-in-One WP Migration” (under “Tool” in the left sidebar) and select “Export”.
- Click “Export To” and then select the option for “File“.
- After the plugin run, click the button in the pop-up window to download your file (by default .wpress file extension name).
- Select “Import” under the menu for “All in One WP Migration”.
- Drag the .wpress file from your original site to start the import.
- Click continue once the file has finished installing
- Your installation is successful and imported all the data
Task 21: SMTP Configuration (Email forwarding) (1 hour)
- Email Configuration, Create Mail Account in Domain, Username, and Password, Verify account, Make Forward Settings.
Task 22: Backup & Monitoring (2 hours)
- Setup AWS or any automated backup for your website (check for AWS backup workflow)
- Test if the backup is working fine or not