Website Content Updates Workflow
Step 1) Identify the Content or Get URL of the Page to Update
- Find the articles getting the most traffic in Google
- Find articles ranking low
- Find well-written content that isn’t targeting keywords
Step 2) Document Your Starting Position
- Create a simple Google spreadsheet to document things like starting rank in Google, organic page views, current word-count, keyword search volume and more.
Step 3) Get or Find some Additional Keywords
- You can also use tools like Google keyword planner, Uber Suggest and Answer The Public for free to get additional keyword suggestions.
- Use LSI (latent semantic indexing) keywords from Google search
Step 4) Make Your Content Lengthy (Word Count)
- Add more words to the page’s content
- Adding depth to content helps ranks better in the first place.
- Give people what they really want (better content) Google is smart enough to rank that content higher.
Step 5) Improve On-page SEO
- Target the right type of keywords
- Add images, videos or podcasts (get it from the graphic designer)
- Add additional internal links
Step 6) Fresh Publish Date on WP CMS Platform
- Google tends to give a boost to newer content. So, by updating the publish date when you’ve actually updated your content can help improve your rankings.