LANDING PAGE WRITING WORKFLOWcomsys
Landing Page Writing Workflow
Create a brief that outlines the goals of the page – 1 hour
- Key messaging for the copywriter
- Brand guidelines for the designer
- Technical specs for your developer (if you’re hand-coding)
- Research and plan your message
- Get relevant keywords from your SEO manager
Write copy for your landing page – 2 hour
- A headline or title that captures attention
- A sub-heading that describe what’s uniquely desirable about the offering.
- A single call-to-action
- A hero shot – Match the message of the call to action that drove visitors. Describe what’s uniquely desirable about your offering.
- Body copy highlighting your features, benefits, results, and outcomes
- Add Social proof (e.g. testimonials & reviews, embedded tweets, Facebook likes, etc)
- CTA button to get people to click. Try replacing weak verbs like “Submit” with an actionable phrase like “Send me my free PDF!” .
Edit for greater seduction – 1 hour
- Check whether you’ve listed all the key benefits and whether you’ve overcome the main objections to your main call to action.
- Make your claims more specific to increase credibility.
- Replace jargon with everyday words. Remember your research phase? Use the same words your customers use.
- Shorten your sentences to make your text more readable. Don’t worry about starting a sentence with And or But.
- Tighten your text. Words like actually and really are unnecessary.
- Do check for Grammarly, plagiarism, and keyword stuffing
- Read your copy out loud. Re-write the parts where you stumble over your words or where you sound sleazy.
Send it to your CEO or team leader for approval – 1 hour
- Send the landing page content to the CEO or team lead before testing or publishing for review and approval.
- Make any changes that are suggested by him/her.
Test & publish your landing page copy – 30 min
- Do your headline and subhead join the conversation already going on in your reader’s mind?
- Does your call to action spell out the logical next step for your visitors?
- Have you given visitors enough information to take action?
- Have you overcome the right objections that prevent people from taking action?
- Have you instilled enough confidence to take action?
Landing page split testing – 10 min
- Send it to your designer to create a mock-up and publish it
- Work with graphic design for any content modifications