Google Adwords Campaign Setup
Review & Analyze the Ad Requirements – 1 hour
- Review the ad guidelines and policies
- Know your target audiences and market
- List out your offerings or selling features for your customers
- List the things that your potential customers are searching for your offer, product or service. Note: keywords based searching
- Point out your campaign objectives i.e. website traffic, sales, leads, etc
- Write your ad copies, list out a number of results-oriented Call-to-Actions(CTA’s), keywords, well-designed landing page, etc
- Check out what your competition is doing with Google ads, or other advertising strategies too.
- Plan out your Google Ad budget, before you dive right in.
- Plan out your ad campaign duration
- Track and measure your campaign metrics.
- Prepare a action plan or a sales funnel before running ads
- Share with your manager and get approval
Keyword Research – 2 hours
- Go to keyword planner from tools and click on discover new keywords
- Type the website or webpage URL in landing page section
- Select location like country, city depending upon website promotion. eg: use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnaWbQYuh4A.
- Keywords research should be low, medium competition with optimal bidding value.
- Keywords should be quality and relevance. Use broad match, exact match type keywords
- Filter the keywords either high, low or medium according to your needs
- Analyze the competitor's ads to get an idea for basic keywords.
- Finalize the list of keywords and update in a sheet
Setup a Campaign – 2 hours
- Search Google adwords website from Google
- Check for free credit by entering your email ID
- Go to adwords account and click on start now
- Sign-in to with your Gmail id
- Choose your advertising goal or switch to “experience with Google ads” below
- Choose the type of goal (sales, leads, website traffic, etc)
- Select any campaign type from search, display, app, etc
- Select the ways to reach the goal
- Enter the URL below you want to target and click continue
- Enter your campaign name, networks (recommended – uncheck the box)
- Select the locations to target (may be country, state, county, area, radius, etc)
- Choose the language
- Select the audiences to broaden your search
- Enter the budget you want to spend each day with standard option recommended
- Choose the bidding type (clicks, conversions) or you can choose automated bid strategies. Note: Review the budget & bidding strategy before making decisions
- Go to advanced settings to modify some of the options accordingly like ad scheduling, extensions,etc
- Click save and continue
Setup an Ad Group – 1 hour
- Go to all Campaigns on Google adwords dashboard
- Under All campaigns, choose the name of the campaign that you’d like to create an ad group.
- Click the Ad groups tab.
- Create ad groups with a name and set of targeted keywords.
- Use broad match, phrase match and exact match keywords
- Get keyword ideas by entering website URL on right hand side
- Click on save & continue
Create Ads – 1 hour
- Choose the campaign and select an ad group from the dashboard
- Create ads with a website URL to target, headlines (30 chars), path URL, descriptions (90 chars). Click save and continue
- Choose the extensions you want to add
- Create multiple ads for a particular ad group
- Preview the ads on mobile and desktop on right hand side
- Review the ad guidelines and also the ad group & keywords before running ads
- Setup billing information with your card details. Use coupon code from Google free credit
Link Google Analytics – 30 min
- You must have Google analytics setup (tracking code) on your website
- Sign-in to your Google Analytics account, go to the Admin screen and click on the ‘Google Ads Linking’ URL.
- Click on link accounts button
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tools & settings menu, and under “Setup”, click Linked accounts.
- Under & Google Analytics," click Details.
- Click link to link to your Google Ads manager account. Make sure the link is completely set-up and Auto-Tagging is enabled.
Setup Conversion Tracking – 30 min
- Create Goals in Google Analytics or Enable Ecommerce reporting in Google Analytics.
- Sign-in to Google Ads account and click “conversions” under tool & settings
- Click on the plus-sign from the main Conversions screen in Google Ads
- Select the kind of conversions you want to create from website, app, phone calls.Note- if you choose website, then you have to create a conversion action for your
- website or import from Google Analytics
Select Google Analytics from the list and click on continue
- Choose the conversions you want to import (the goals that you have created on Google analytics can be imported)
- Click import and continue