Prepare an Action Plan – 1 hour
- Analyze and review the Facebook marketing guidelines
- Understand your business offering and USP’s, target customers and results from any other marketing channels
- Review the website landing page, Facebook business page as well as Facebook Audience Insights and Google Analytics.
- Research your competitors advertising efforts on Facebook, and notable strategies in Google.
- Review your Facebook advertising account to identify all the quick win opportunities and also provide a longer term plan for ongoing growth.
- Use Facebook Audience Insights and the Google Display Planner to understand more about your website users such as demographics, interests and websites visited.
- Plan and configure the Facebook campaigns with geographical targeting, custom ad scheduling and bidding strategy that best fit your business and advertising goals.
- Check some more factors and create an action plan or roadmap that will get you better outcomes
- Share with your manager and get approval
Installing Facebook Pixel on Website – 30 min
- Go to your Facebook Ads Manager.
- On Measure & Report click on Pixels under “Events Manager”
- Click on partner integrations to setup pixel and events by connecting partner accounts.Note: Click on any partner account and proceed step by step to setup pixel
- Or click on “Data Sources” and from the “Setup” dropdown click on Install Pixel
- You can setup pixel by connecting to partner platform, manually install or ask your developer to do that on your website
- Click on manually install the code and copy the code
- Open Google Tag Manager or if you don’t have create a new one
- Click on add new tag, name the tag and click the Tag Configuration on the page Choose “Custom HTML”, copy & paste the Facebook pixel code and choose the trigger as all pages
- For setting-up conversion tracking click on Create Custom Conversions under Data Sources
- Choose the ad account, add rules, name, category, value and click create.
Note: Go to custom conversions to see all the conversion setup (up to 100)
Setup a Facebook Campaign – 1 hour
- Go to your Facebook business manager account or create a new one by creating or adding pages, ad accounts and all details
- Go to your Ad accounts and click on create button
- Choose your marketing objective from the list of options according to your requirements
- Give campaign name, choose “campaign budget optimisation”
- Under campaign budget choose daily budget or life-time budget.
- Choose from the different campaign bid strategy for your campaign, and choose how you want to schedule your ads
- Delivery type is default “Standard”. Click on continue
Create Facebook Ad Set – 2 hour
- Select a campaign you want to create ad set or create a campaign. Note: A campaign can have multiple ad sets
- Give ad set name
- Select a Facebook page that you want to promote or create a new page
- Choose “Dynamic Creative”. Note: Facebook serves the best variations of advertisements that you upload
- Go to Audience and choose from “Create New Audience” or “Use Saved Audience”
- Under “Custom Audiences” choose or create custom audience or lookalike audience.
- Click on Custom Audiences and choose from the sources or Facebook sources,name your custom audience and click continue & done
- Choose to created audience to Include or Exclude
- Select the locations you want to target from the options, include or exclude the areas, even use the drop pin to target a specific radius from 1 to 50 miles. Note: You can search specific locations or browse to add the country, regions or saved locations you want to target
- Choose the age, gender and languages for targeting
- Choose “Detailed Targeting” as default or you can browse from demographics, interests, and behaviors to expand your targeting. Note: Suggestions pull out some data if you already have little bit of data with Facebook
- From the Connections, choose any connection type from options and add a page. Click on “Save this Audience”
- Choose the Placements from “Automatic” or “Edit Placements” and select the multiple placements options where you can show the ad
- On budget & schedule, choose the optimisation for ad delivery, cost control (lower cost) and ad schedule (reset your start date to today)
- Input your ad spending limits (minimum / maximum) for a particular ad set
- Click on continue
Setup Facebook Ad – 1 hour
- Select the campaign and ad set you want to create Facebook ad
- Use a Facebook Advertisement name
- Choose from the Facebook page to create Ad and also you can choose Instagram page if there
- Under Format, If dynamic creative is enabled. Note: Here multiple ads will be automatically generated using your individual creative assets.
- Add some more images under Media or get it from Graphic designer (check the image size requirements)
- Add headline, description and a CTA button for your ad. Create multiple ad copies under an ad. Create form by clicking on “New Form”, Add the content from the options and configure it
- Under Tracking make sure the Facebook pixel is setup on your website or Google tag manager for conversion tracking
- You can choose manage offline events from Facebook or you can build URL parameter, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwrJgDL5JYE
- Launch you campaign.
Test and Track Your Campaigns – 1 hour
- Choose any campaign & Ad set and click on duplicate to create multiple ad set copies with different targeting audience.
- Track multiple conversions and create different custom conversions to see what’s working better
- Utilize different bidding strategies
- Create audience segments based on behaviors
- Monitor Ad frequency to manage exposure
- Choose from different types of placements, devices, and platforms.
- Careful ad scheduling can help you optimize your campaigns
- Check every important metrics like reach, delivery, engagement, cost, etc and optimize it accordingly
- Prepare a report on excel sheet of each and every details and share with your manager
Facebook Retargeting Ads – 2 hours
- Log in to your Facebook Ads Manager
- Install the Facebook pixel on your website if not installed. Note: Check Facebook marketing workflow as to how to setup pixel
- Go to Audiences, click on create audience and choose “Custom Audience”
- Choose from the list “how you want to create this audience” by uploading customer file, website traffic, app activity, etc
- Select the pixel, choose the action of visitors from the list & no of days, and audience name
- ow go to Ads Manager and create a campaign
- Click on Create or click on “switch to guided creation” for better options
- Under Ad set, create conversions and under audiences choose retargeting audiences you created
- Setup your ads and continue
- For more details visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGV611S26_w